Wensman is Proud to be a Division of AgReliant Genetics, the third largest seed company is the United States.
- The Largest Independent Seed Corn Company in the U.S.
- AgReliant Genetics’ Parents are the #1 and #2 Independent Seed Companies in the World.
- AgReliant Genetics is the Only Non-Chemical, Seed Company in the U.S. Top Five – Seed Is Our Only Business.
- AgReliant Genetics is One of Only Five Companies with Significant Corn Breeding Programs in the U.S.
* Based on 2014 Data
Who Is AgReliant Genetics?
AgReliant Genetics was formed in 2000 to serve the United States market by KWS of Germany and Groupe Limagrain of France.
KWS and Groupe Limagrain are the two largest independent seed companies in the world with over 200 years of combined seed experience.
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is an independent “seed only” company. AgReliant Genetics is not affiliated with a chemical company. This allows AgReliant Genetics maximum flexibility in germplasm and trait technology.
Quality Assurance Lab
- One of the largest QA Laboratories in the US
- 33 different quality tests
- 190,000 tests and analyses run annually
- Comparison Testing with Other Labs in the Industry
- Registered Seed Technologists
- Registered Genetic Technologists
- US and Canada Seed Grader
- US Accredited Seed Lab through the United States
- Department of Agriculture Process Verified Program
** RST& RGT all issued by the Society of Commercial Seed Technologies
Corn Breeding and Research
West Central Minnesota Station
The West Central Minnesota Station at Morris, Minnesota emphasizes 95-day and earlier maturities. With emphasis on these earlier maturities, AgReliant Genetics is striving to improve products to meet the needs of growers who plant those hybrids.
South East Minnesota Station
The South East Minnesota Station at Kenyon, Minnesota concentrates on 96-day to 100-day maturity corn. In addition to the station nursery, AgReliant Genetics has research plots throughout southern Minnesota, as well as parts of South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
AgReliant Genetics launched its significant corn breeding operation in the year 2000. This program ranks among the best in the industry and is recognized world-wide for its proprietary “di-haploid” or double haploid breeding process. Di-haploid breeding greatly reduces the normal breeding/testing cycle allowing higher yielding products to be brought to market faster than any conventional program.
AgReliant Genetics has one of the largest corn breeding programs in the industry.
63585 West Highway 10
Wadena, MN 56482
PO Box 190
Wadena, MN 56482